Parenting knowledge refers to the ability to help mothers answer the baby's physical and psychological development problems at different ages, and effectively give educational advice. What problems should be paid attention to in parenting? What basic parenting knowledge should parents have? How should children of different ages be taught early?
-This blog is written by LZH parenting experts, please read it carefully
What is parenting knowledge?
Let the childcare experts of LZH tell you：According to the changes in the baby's physical and psychological development at different stages, parenting knowledge provides mothers with a full range of corresponding measures to help mothers better educate and care for the growing baby.
What to pay attention to when raising children？
Let LZH answer you：
1. Calcium supplement
Calcium is an indispensable element in the human body. Therefore, for children, calcium deficiency may be the culprit for iron deficiency anemia, zinc deficiency, and even affecting the daily development process. Therefore, it is very important to supplement calcium for children.
(1) How to judge whether a child is calcium deficient
Young mothers have little social experience and are often eager for their children. Although scientifically speaking, it is reasonable to judge whether calcium deficiency is based on the calcium in the hair, but because the results of this test will be affected by factors such as hair growth speed and pollution, the results cannot be guaranteed. 100% correct. In contrast, the levels of calcium and bone alkaline phosphatase in the blood can more accurately reflect whether a child is calcium deficient.
(2) If you grow up fast, you don’t need calcium supplementation
Usually mothers have the illusion that their children do not need calcium supplements when they grow up fast. In fact, children who grow faster need calcium supplementation, because the faster they grow, the higher their calcium needs. If they are not supplemented in time, the children will suffer from calcium deficiency and affect their bone density.
(3) When is the effect of calcium supplementation good?
In different periods, children have different calcium requirements and absorption rates. Therefore, calcium supplementation should pay attention to time and method.
a. Calcium supplementation is easy to absorb after meals. Amino acids are produced when food is digested. In this acidic environment, calcium can be supplemented and absorbed faster and more fully.
b. The absorption rate of calcium supplementation is high. The consequence of concentrated calcium supplementation is the decrease in absorption rate. Therefore, the same amount of calcium is often better when taken in divided doses than once.
c. Good effect in stages. The growth rate of infants, children and adolescents is higher than other periods. At this time, calcium supplementation can be absorbed and used more effectively, and the effect is more obvious.
2. Sun protection
Childhood is the period during which a person is exposed to sunlight for the longest time in his life. Sun care at this stage often affects the speed of skin aging.
(1) Poor ability to resist ultraviolet rays
Babies lack the ability to resist ultraviolet rays. Their delicate skin has not yet developed a strong enough pigment layer to resist ultraviolet rays. Therefore, the baby's skin is prone to injury, sunburn or other problems when exposed to the sun.
(2) Long activity time
Babies play outdoors for a long time, and they will inevitably be exposed to ultraviolet rays for a long time. Therefore, sun protection is a big problem in caring for your baby's skin.
3. Feeding instructions
(1) Keep warm
The physical condition of newborn babies is easily affected by the temperature, so the work of keeping warm should not be slackened. Keep warm when bathing and changing clothes for your baby to prevent colds. But it is also necessary to avoid excessive warmth, wrapping the baby too thickly, too tightly is not advisable, especially in summer, wrapping too tightly and sealing is prone to dehydration heat.
According to the baby's diet and digestive ability in different periods, mothers should be prepared for diet. Newborn babies can absorb a small amount of warm water or sugar water. After 12 hours, they can start feeding with warm water and milk, and then breastfeeding after 24 hours. Infant feeding should pay attention to hygiene. Before breastfeeding, mothers should wash their hands and nipples. The bottles and nipples should also be disinfected, and the feeding posture should be comfortable enough.
(3) Pay attention to the characteristics of stool
Stool traits reflect the baby's physical condition, so stool abnormalities should not be ignored. The color is yellow or green, the frequency is frequent, and the texture is thin, indicating digestion problems; more bubbles and sour taste, indicating too much sugar in the diet; frequent green stools and small amounts, you need to increase milk; stools are too thin or Mucus is a symptom of intestinal infection.
(4) Pay attention to oral hygiene
The baby’s oral hygiene is very important. Before feeding the baby, the baby bottle must be carefully disinfected and sterilized, and the nipples should also be cleaned to avoid infection of the baby’s oral cavity. Observe the baby's oral cavity. If albuginea appears on the tongue or on the left and right oral walls, apply Bingbosan or 0.5% methyl violet.
(5) Newborn bathing
The first bath of the newborn baby can be done 8-12 hours after the baby is born. When the first bath, parents should measure the water temperature to avoid catching cold. To bathe the baby, master the correct posture to make the baby comfortable and avoid choking or infection.
4. Seven taboos of nursing
(1) Feeding from time to time. Overfeeding babies can affect their digestive function.
(2) Long-term wrapping of babies. Bounding the baby will affect the normal development of the baby's bones and blood circulation, so the baby should be able to stretch the bones freely when wearing it.
(3) Keep the same sleeping position for a long time. Often sleeping in the same posture can easily deform the skull, and often turning the baby over and changing the sleeping posture can avoid flat heads.
(4) Bake wet diapers. Baking diapers can easily cause fires.
(5) Frighten the baby. Keep the baby away from the noise and the sound of firecrackers, and don't tempt the baby with fright.
(6) Change baby packages outdoors in winter. Keep warm when changing the baby's diaper package, and prevent colds in winter.
(7) Avoid excessive warmth. Parents are often afraid of children catching cold and wear a lot of clothes. In fact, it is not good for children to be too warm, especially not to wrap the baby too tightly to avoid excessive warmth.
LZH parenting experts tell you about Toddler age
1. Newborn: It is often pointed out that for children within one month of birth, attention should be paid to diet, health and nursing care of newborns.
2. Infant: Refers to children under one year old. Basic education and intellectual development can be carried out at this stage.
3. Toddlers: refers to children from one to three years old. Children of this age should pay special attention to follow-up nutrition, disease prevention, and physical health.
4. Preschool children: refers to children from three to six years old. Children at this stage can pay close attention to intellectual development, and cultivate personality and basic values.
How to develop early education？
Please see the answer from the LZH parenting expert：
1. Educational focus
(1) Physical fitness
Some parents regard intellectual training and learning as the most important thing in early education, but forget that "the body is the capital of the revolution." A healthy body is inseparable from acquiring knowledge wealth or career entertainment. In the critical period of physical training in childhood, shaping a healthy physique for children is to give them a lot of enjoyment of endless wealth. Parents may wish to allow their children to play in outdoor activities appropriately and not to overprotect.
Early education can not only develop the intelligence of infants and young children, but also cultivate their excellent character and morals. The cultivation of character is a gradual process, so a harmonious family atmosphere is very important. Therefore, as a parent, we must lead by example and teach by example.
2. Follow the principle
(1) It is necessary to follow the physiological sciences and carry out intellectual development according to the laws of brain development, and the intellectual development and behavior training should go hand in hand.
(2) In the process of intellectual training, the most eager to achieve success is avoided. Children's learning ability is limited by the current physical development. Intellectual training must be gradual, otherwise it will be counterproductive.
(3) Due to the influence of congenital or acquired factors, each child's learning ability is not the same, and there are also differences in personality and interest. Therefore, when parents educate their children, they must fully consider the children’s own learning conditions, adopt effective educational methods, and do not force the children to learn things they don’t like. Every child has different personalities and different skills, especially children with low speech intelligence, and more attention should be paid to discovering their specialties to help their intellectual development.
(4) Excessive education is a very harmful situation in early education. Excessive deprivation of children's freedom and interference with children's learning will gradually make them develop a timid character and lack the ability to think independently. Being forced to study for a long time, children's mental state will be greatly nourished. They will hate or fear learning, and in severe cases they will even experience fear, truancy, absenteeism and other behaviors.
(5) Adopt lively and pleasant educational methods. Enlightenment education with games and fables can not only develop children's intelligence and cultivate their imagination, but also make children enjoy it. It should be noted that the story needs to be in line with the baby's age and IQ, and the story should be as lively as possible to guide the cultivation of the child's imagination.
3. Intellectual development
(1) Parent-child games can not only increase the relationship between parents and children, but also train their physical coordination.
(2) Develop children's oral presentation skills. The acquired training can effectively improve the children's oral ability, so parents should encourage their children to speak more and express their thoughts and requirements. If necessary, let children learn to sing and develop a sense of rhythm.
(3) Bring children's insights into new things and try new activities. Every baby has a different experience in listening, speaking, reading, and writing, so parents telling stories to their children can not only develop the baby's intelligence, but also broaden the children's horizons.
(4) Encourage children to think independently and take their questions seriously. When children ask questions, parents should try to give easy-to-understand answers so that they can understand them. Some children are introverted and do not know what questions to ask and how to ask them, so parents should encourage them to ask more questions.
(5) Children's imagination and innovation ability are very important, so parents should guide children to use their brains and think more to cultivate innovation ability. Children's liveliness and mischief may also be a manifestation of creativity. It is recommended that children be encouraged to disassemble toys and make unique and novel combinations.
What kind of parenting knowledge parents need to master？
LZH parenting experts remind parents
1. Separation anxiety disorder
Separation anxiety disorder refers to when children are often anxious and crying when they are far away from their parents. This is a common psychological state of children, but there are also individual differences. Babies who are sensitive and fearful of life are more likely to get separation anxiety disorder. Parents should guide their children’s character and give them a sense of security.
2. Create a positive living environment
To create a positive environment for children, do not underestimate the beneficial effects of the environment on children's behavior, it will gradually improve the children's behavior and personality.
3. Re-guide to avoid persecution
Even if the child makes a mistake, the parent must first calmly face it. Correct education is not about persecution, order, or verbal abuse, but calmly guiding children to correct their mistakes.
4. Understand the child from another angle
Parents should try to look at the problem from the perspective of the child and be considerate to each other. This helps to strengthen the close parent-child relationship.
5. Don't hesitate to praise the language
Appropriate praise can give children self-confidence and guide children's values. Therefore, when children perform well, do not begrudge your praise.
Prevention of common childhood diseases
1. The baby is zinc deficient
Zinc deficiency usually affects the baby's appetite, which causes the baby to suffer from pica, malnutrition, anemia, and affect development and resistance. Children who are picky eaters or improper diet combinations can cause zinc deficiency. Milk contains many trace elements, so infants who are breastfeeding are generally not deficient in zinc. Zinc-deficient babies should minimize the amount of MSG in their diet, and usually eat more dairy products, seafood, meat, beans and nuts and other zinc-containing foods.
2. Summer heat
This is a climatic disease that occurs frequently in babies from 6 to 8 months. When the baby is sick, the baby is often hot, urinary, and prone to thirst. The incidence and severity vary from person to person. You can avoid and slow down the summer heat by drinking some heat-relieving beverages. For example, drink some cold water (light salt), watermelon juice and other heat-relieving beverages for your baby.
3. Diarrhea and abdominal pain
Babies who have been breastfeeding can continue to breastfeed. If you drink powdered milk, the amount of powdered milk can be reduced by one-third and an appropriate amount of water can be added. For babies who are already eating complementary foods, please reduce the number of complementary foods appropriately. If the baby loses weight quickly and the skin is dehydrated, it may be dehydrated and needs to be treated promptly. Antibiotics and analgesics should not be abused to relieve abdominal pain. Before finding out the cause, do not rub the abdomen to solve the problem of abdominal distension. You can try to put warm palms on the baby's abdomen.
There are many ways to solve anorexia, the main one is to let the baby eat regularly and eat less food that is not nutritious. The diet should be balanced to avoid problems such as anemia or rickets. If the baby is taking some medicine, changing the time of taking the medicine can also alleviate the baby's anorexia. For example: take antibiotics after meals to reduce the irritation of the intestines and stomach. It is recommended to take protein zinc when supplementing zinc, because protein zinc is not irritating to the stomach and intestines, and can enhance the baby's appetite.
5. Night cry
When the baby croaks at night, avoid loud or violent teasing. These behaviors will make it difficult for the baby to fall asleep. You should try to keep quiet to make the baby sleepy.
6. Food allergies
Food allergies in babies refer to skin rashes caused by the use of certain foods. Allergies are mainly reflected on the skin, so when eating sensitive foods such as seafood for the first time, pay attention to whether there is a red rash to avoid eating allergies in the future. Babies with allergies are not only susceptible to the effects of foreign proteins, they may also be allergic to vegetables, such as scented vegetables or beans. In addition, bacteria and algae are also the source of allergies.
If your baby has a fever, you need to prescribe the right medicine. Some fevers are caused by external influences, alternating hot and cold or the air is too stuffy. Some are due to the baby's body problems, causing fever, and some are fever caused by normal vaccination. After mastering the cause of the baby, the treatment will be very simple, so parents do not need to be too anxious.